Royce Measures, Interim Pastor
Eva Morales, Church Secretary
We Have Classes for Everyone!
Nursery: Infants - 3 yrs
Pre K - Kindergarten
1st - 3rd grades
Co-Ed Spanish Adult Class
Market Street Baptist Church sbc 12964 Market Street, Houston, Texas 77015-6002
Sunday School 9:45 a.m.
Morning Worship 11:00 a.m.
Children's Church 11:00 a.m.
No Evening Service
6:00 p.m. Bible Study*
*2nd Wednesday: Potluck Supper, Please bring a dish.
*4th Wednesday: Business Meeting
1st Friday of the month is Game Night
How to Become a Member of
Market Street Baptist Church
1. Profession of Faith. You accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior which is followed with Baptism. Baptism has no salvation power, it is symbolic of you identifying with Jesus as a new creation. It is an act of obedience.
2. By Letter. Your membership is requested from another Baptist church of which you are presently a member.
3. By Statement. The church where you had membership is no longer in existence, or the church is of another denomination, or you wish to just come by statement instead of letter.
You can contact us via Contact Us Page if you wish to discuss this in more detail. We will be happy to talk with you.
Attending Sunday School or the Worship Service regularly does not make an individual a member of the church body.
1. Your Own Assurance - Being accepted into membership in a Bible-believing, responsibly-led church rightly gives affirmation and reinforces confidence that your faith is real, that it’s not your own private, self-made religion, but part of “the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints” (Jude 3).
2. For the Good of Others - Living the Christian life in community is more than just loose associations, but committing to each other to be there for each other when life is hard, in sickness and in sorrow.
3. For You Own Good - Joining the church also formally identifies you as part of “the flock” which the church’s pastors and elders should “shepherd” (1 Peter 5:2) and to which they should “pay careful attention” (Acts 20:28).
4. The Good of Your Leaders - your formally joining the church helps the pastors and elders do their job. (1 Peter 5:3)
5. The Good of Unbelievers - Another good reason for joining a church is the good of those who are not there yet — even those who don’t yet know Jesus. Because we reach out and show Christ better as part of a committed, stable community. “By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another” (John 13:35).
6. Your Own Perseverance - covenanting with others now not to let you wander from the gospel, without pressing hard to bring you back, may one day prove priceless for your perseverance in the faith — and your eternity with Christ.
7. Voting Privileges - on all church matters and business.
BLESSINGS FROM SERVING IN YOUR CHURCH
1. Helps us discover and develop our spiritual gifts.
2. Obedience to God is the life of a believer. We experience joy and peace.
3. We glorify God and bless others through our service.
4. We become more like Jesus. Our serving takes the focus
5. Serving bonds us with other Christians and enables us to
be supporters and encouragers of one another.
6. Serving helps us to leave our comfort zone through the
power of God. He shows us new doors to walk through. He
increases our faith.
Many explanations are given as to why we do not want to serve.
But the reality is the Lord doesn't call the equipped; He equips the called. God doesn’t just want to work through you, He wants to work in you.
OPEN YOUR HEART TO SERVING IN YOUR LOCAL CHURCH. BE BLEST AND BLESS.